A savings account for our younger members. This is a great way to begin to save small or even larger amounts.
Leeds Credit Union’s Young Saver Account is a great way to give children and young people the tools to build healthy savings habits, to take with them into adulthood.
What is the interest rate?
- Unlike banks and building societies, we don’t pay an interest rate on your savings. Instead, we aim to pay a quarterly/annual dividend to all qualifying members. The amount of the dividend is set by the Leeds Credit Union Board each quarter/year. Please be aware that some years no dividend may be paid.
How do I open and manage my account?
How to open an account
- You must be aged 18 or under
- You, or a parent/guardian, must be a member of Leeds Credit Union. To become a member you or your parent/guardian must live or work in Leeds, Wakefield, Harrogate, Craven or the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham, or by associated with one of our partners.
Operating the account
- You can open a Young Saver Account in branch or by downloading and posting an application form.
Can I withdraw the money?
- You can manage the account on behalf of the young saver online, in branch or via our mobile app.
- Minimum opening deposit: £1
- Minimum operating balance: £1
- You can make unlimited withdrawals each year via our branches.
- If a dividend is paid, it is paid gross of tax, that is with no tax deducted.
For existing members, simply email email@example.com, quoting your membership number, and the savings account you would like to open. Our team would be happy to help.
If you are not a member of the credit union already, you can apply online
, in branch
, or download our application form.
Find our Terms & Conditions here
, which describes how we use our members' information.