The Regular Saver Account is perfect for longer-term savers who want to deposit regularly and build up a financial buffer.
It’s a great way to help you get into a regular saving habit and as long as you make the minimum monthly deposit, you can save as much as you want – it can soon build up – and it’s the ideal way to save for a holiday or a new car.
What is the interest rate?
- Unlike banks and building societies, we don’t pay an interest rate on your savings. Instead, we aim to pay a quarterly/annual dividend to all qualifying members. The amount of the dividend is set by the Leeds Credit Union Board each quarter/year. Please be aware that some years no dividend may be paid.
How do I open and manage my account?
How to open an account
- You must be aged 18 or over;
- You must be a member of Leeds Credit Union. To become a member you must live or work in Leeds, Wakefield, Harrogate, Craven or the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham, or by associated with one of our partners.
Operating the account
- You can open a Regular Saver Account online, in branch or by downloading and posting an application form.
- You can manage your account online, in branch or via our mobile app.
- Minimum opening deposit: £5
- Minimum operating balance: £20
- You must deposit £5 every week or £20 every month into your Regular Saver account.
Can I withdraw the money?
- Yes, you can make a maximum of six withdrawals a year via our branches, online or via our mobile app.
- If a dividend is paid, it is paid gross of tax, that is with no tax deducted.
For existing members, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your membership number, and the savings account you would like to open. Our team would be happy to help.
If you are not a member of the credit union already, you can apply online
, in branch
, or download our application form.
Find our Terms & Conditions here
, which describes how we use our members' information.