Our membership account is a basic, instant savings account.
Everyone who joins Leeds Credit Union is given a Membership Account.
Members wishing to save into this account are encouraged to make a minimum savings deposit each week or month.
What is the interest rate?
- The Membership Account does not pay interest or a dividend.
How do I open and manage my account?
How to open an account:
- You must be aged 18 or over;
- You must be a member of Leeds Credit Union. To become a member you must live or work in Leeds, Wakefield, Harrogate, Craven or the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham, or by associated with one of our partners.
Operating the account:
- You can open a Membership Account online, in branch or by downloading and posting an application form.
- You can manage your account online, in branch or via our mobile app.
- Minimum opening deposit: £1
- Minimum operating balance: £1
- There is an annual fee of £5.
Can I withdraw the money?
- Yes, you can make unlimited withdrawals via our branches, online or via our mobile app.
- You must have a Membership Account with a balance of at least £1 to borrow from Leeds Credit Union.
For existing members, simply email email@example.com, quoting your membership number, and the savings account you would like to open. Our team would be happy to help.
If you are not a member of the credit union already, you can apply online
, in branch
, or download our application form.
Find our Terms & Conditions here
, which describes how we use our members' information.