Leeds Credit Union’s Christmas Club Account is a savings account that gives peace of mind by making saving for winter expenses easy.
Whether it’s saving for Christmas presents, or getting a head start on your winter bills. You can save as much or as little as you like.
What is the interest rate?
- Unlike banks and building societies, we don’t pay an interest rate on your savings. Instead, we aim to pay a quarterly/annual dividend to all qualifying members. The amount of the dividend is set by the Leeds Credit Union Board each quarter/year. Please be aware that some years no dividend may be paid.
How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be aged 18 or over;
- You must be a member of Leeds Credit Union. To become a member you must live or work in Leeds, Wakefield, Harrogate, Craven or the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham, or by associated with one of our partners.
How to open an account
- You can open a Christmas Club Account online, in branch or by downloading and posting an application form.
Operating the account
- You can manage your account online, in branch or via our mobile app.
- Minimum opening deposit: £1
- Minimum operating balance: £1
Can I withdraw the money?
- You can make unlimited withdrawals between 1 November - 24 December each year via our branches, online or via our mobile app.
- From 25 December you will not be able to make withdrawals until 1 November the following year.
- If a dividend is paid, it is paid gross of tax, that is with no tax deducted.
For existing members, simply email email@example.com, quoting your membership number, and the savings account you would like to open. Our team would be happy to help.
If you are not a member of the credit union already, you can apply online
, in branch
, or download our application form.
Find our Terms & Conditions here
, which describes how we use our members' information.